Saturday, August 2, 2014

GHOSTBUSTERS 3: Peter Feig Targeted to Direct the Reboot Which Will Reportedly Focus on Female Ghostbusters



Last month Dan Aykroyd revealed on TODAY that he's highly optimistic about Ghostbusters 3 beginning pre-production in spring 2015. It seems like his optimism was a valid sign that Ghostbusters 3 is something Sony Pictures is actually serious about making right now.

According to a report by The Hollywood Reporter, Sony is targeting Peter Feig (Bridesmaids) to direct the next installment of the Ghostbusters franchise. But the report doesn't stop there as the trade site also says its sources have told them this will be a Ghostbusters reboot with a major focus on female Ghostbusters characters.

The Ghostbusters franchise is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2014 and has gone through major changes over the past few years while in development. Sadly, the passing of Harold Ramis earlier this year meant more major changes to its script and Sony is apparently happy with those revisions if they're actively pursuing a director.

Previously, Sony had been after directors throughout the past year but everyone approached for the job turned it down. Probably due scheduling or the fact that Ghostbusters is such an iconic brand and franchise it's a lot of pressure to deliver a great movie to the fans.

Feig seems interested in taking on this challenge as it is has been reported he has "shown interest" in the gig as well. Stay tuned as this story will hopefully develop in the coming weeks ...


Related Posts: Dan Aykroyd Says GHOSTBUSTERS 3 Should Begin Pre-Production in Spring 2015

Did Sigourney Weaver Reveal Who a New Member of the GHOSTBUSTERS 3 Team is?


FOLLOW ON TWITTER AND LIKE THE DAILY SUPERHERO ON FACEBOOK!


STORIES FROM AROUND THE WEB